Skip links

Nurturing a modern office

Reducing inefficiency remains one of the best ways to maintain – or grow – profit margins. How can you deliver a more productive, profitable and people focused environment; so you can nurture a modern office?

Let’s start with some truths about office inefficiencies.

Overhead efficiencies

Most organisations more than a few years old have already acquired several isolated technology solutions – Customer Relationship Management (CRM), finance and helpdesk, to name a few. Solutions to deliver against the changing demands of customers and business processes.

Most companies have just 20% of their IT budget to invest in new solutions to drive their business forward. The other 80% is spent maintaining existing old platforms. This problem is not restricted to mature businesses either. Agile start-ups that rely on software as a service subscriptions, cloud platforms and mobile apps can fall into the same trap very quickly.

Missing puzzle piece quote 'the average employee spends 11% of their time navigating applications for information they need


As your customers demand digital efficiency, the workforce and office have to adapt. In some cases your most knowledgeable employees are almost entirely field-based, and rarely at a desk with a fixed phone. However, time-poor customers don’t care about these logistical issues. When they call, it’s because they want to speak to someone and 61% of consumers still prefer to use the phone. More importantly, they expect to be connected to someone who can answer their questions quickly and effectively. This is how a modern office is expected to work.

handing a smiley face quote ' 56% of customers expect their query to be dealt with in one single interaction'

There are productivity problems across all roles. According to SIS Research, the average employee in a 100-person business spends 3.7 hours per week attempting to coordinate communications between team members. Consequently, tasks like administration and customer support eat into your team’s schedule. With more efficient communication and collaboration tools they could achieve a better balance.

almost one working day wasted every week by every empployee to resolve a query

The solutions

Technology that supports mobile working effectively will as a result, attract and keep the right employees connected. Connected with who? Their wider team, important business assets and most importantly, your customers.

Consolidate communications

Look at consolidating and streamlining all landlines, mobiles, voice, video and text. Use Unified Communications such as ‘Horizon’ to deliver a consistent service to customers.

Horizon works with a range of devices including an easy-to-use desktop and a mobile app. Therefore, your team will no longer be tied to a desk phone.

Simplify collaboration

Empower your employees anywhere and everywhere by giving them tools that support collaborative working. Such as, migrating to cloud computing and fully utilising Microsoft 365. The ability to share and work on data together allows them to be more productive. Most importantly, helpful to your customers.

Think outside the office

Today’s workforce is increasingly mobile, and you need reliable ways to stay connected with your team. Unified Communications allows you to seamlessly communicate using the most appropriate channel. Not to mention at any given moment and wherever you are in the world. It will also help you to meet employee demands for increased flexible working.

Free up IT budget for strategic projects

Consider how much of your current IT spend is propping up systems that frustrate your employees and limit productivity. You need to know the cumulative cost of IT spend and lost productivity. As a result, this will help you properly quantify the benefits of future investment in comms and collaboration tools.

Contact our expect team to find out how we can help you increase productivity, profitability and performance. Above all, contact us to nurture a modern office

Book a free consultation